Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Wheels and Tires Maketh the Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 02:11 AM
D999SS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels and Tires Maketh the Car

After watching the Drive's Singer Mini doc for the 5th time I've decided that I need to figure out how to achieve the wheel tire setup that just looks right. That is heavily inspired by the Singer 911s wheel tire setup.

I'm ordering wider 8x16 Fuch wheels for the rear this week and pushing the 7x16s to the front of my SC and I need to find the perfect tire combo as Rob Dickinson say "Doesn't look like it's too chubby, and isn't a ricer sort of thing that is overly stretched."

This wouldn't apply to my car because I don't have as large of a wheel as Singer but incase anyone was interested Singer offers two tire setups.

• Tires are 225/45 x 17 front and 275/40 x 17 rear Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.

• Tire sizes are 235/40 x 17 front and 275/40 x 17 rear – Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

Here's the Doc:

Name:  03JaE7T.png
Views: 140
Size:  865.2 KB
Old 10-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Derek911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheels and tires do maketh the car... Along with ride height. When the wheels fill the arches and there are no awkward looking gaps or spaces, the car looks so much better. As beautiful as a stock 911 is, I hate to see one at stock height. If all else is kept stock, ride height is the one thing that sets a car apart. Fuchs wheels are the perfect look for a classic 911... So if they are available bigger and wider even better. Not a fan of stretched tires, but Singer stretched it just the right amount. I agree with what he said in the video. I'm in the camp that says fit the biggest widest wheels possible and lower the suspension to close the gap to maketh the car.

Quick Reply: Wheels and Tires Maketh the Car