Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

rubber window stop replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 02:13 AM
96conv
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rubber window stop replacement

I tried to replace the window stop on the driver's side today but discovered it's riveted on. How does one go about replacing this part? Can the rivets be removed and reinstalled on the new part easy enough? Is there another way such as replacing the rubber piece alone?
Old 08-15-2003, 05:52 PM
96conv
Advanced

bump

is this just a dumb question or has no one replaced a window stop on a targa or cab before?
Old 08-15-2003, 08:47 PM
RoninLB
Pro

I told you that they can be drilled easily.. rivits are soft.. use the smallest bit possible.. Harbor Freight has an inexpensive kit with various rivits.. or borrow the commonly used tool..........Ron
Old 08-15-2003, 09:12 PM
96conv
Advanced

Hey Ronin,

I didn't know which tool to use to reinstall rivets. Thanks for letting me know that Harbor freight carries such a tool.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:32 PM
RoninLB
Pro

and use the smallest bit.. like you can save the original hole by using a bit slightly bigger than the rivit center hole.. that'll thin it out plenty so a screwdriver and a palm wack will free it by hitting the rivit edge. I added some more sound absorber/Dynamat to the outer skin to give more of a thud to the door closing.. instead of it sounding some what tinny.. there is some maintence inside the door.. slam your hand on the inner sheet metal and listen for rattles, grease the inner door hinges, remove any dirt from the lower inner door.. make sure any lower door caulking is not trapping water, and maybe a coat of Por-15 on the lower seams that may collect water..........Ron

Quick Reply: rubber window stop replacement