2009 911 Turbo Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 03:41 PM
LIT
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 911 Turbo Reliability

Hi everyone.

First post here. I am not an owner yet but I am looking at a 2009 911 Turbo and I would like to know about any issues or reliability problems I should be aware of before I do. Also the differences between the .1 and the .2 and which is preferred.

The reason I am making this post is because I also own a Z06. Its a great car but turned out to have huge guide wear issues which can lead to catastrophic failure. There is also no clear path to fixing it so even if you inspect and find problems and address them you need to continue to inspect constantly. Living in fear of blowing up a 17K engine constantly stinks and takes the fun out of driving it. I am hoping there are no issues like this with the 911.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-25-2014, 04:00 PM
mpiffaretti
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi There, first off you are posting on the wrong forum. Go under "Turbo Technical area" and you will find more responses there. In short, the 997 TT is one of the most reliable super cars and bang for the buck values out there. If you are planning on modding heavily, the 997.1 will be better suited as its probably the last of the race derived Mezgers (GT1) capable of withstanding heavy HP loads without too many internal component swaps. The 997.2 is what Porsche calls "Consumer grade engine", extremely reliable as well, just a little lighter and therefore not has heavy duty if heavily modded. Both cars are relatively inexpensive to maintain, are daily drivers, and their values have kept up nicely since the 991 TT came out. In regards to options, the Sports Chrono and sport adaptive seats are very nice to have. Just add an exhaust, hi flow cats, a software tune and you will have one heck of a car.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:04 PM
LIT
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply. I'm happy to hear how reliable it is. My apologies for posting in the wrong forum.

Quick Reply: 2009 911 Turbo Reliability