My new to me 79 SC..

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 06:23 PM
mpiffaretti
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts
Default My new to me 79 SC..

Hi guys good afternoon!
Not new to rennlist, but new to the aircooled group! I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 79 SC from a friend of mine upgrading to a 964. Im in love, I understand now the pleasure of a raw, unaided driving experience that requires driver engagement. For me, it translates into a blissful therapy. I hope to learn a thing or two from you guys and try to give back as much as I can as I learn the car.
I cant post pics from my phone app, but i will be posting pics shortly!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:29 PM
mpiffaretti
Rennlist Member

Old 08-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Looks nice!

FYI, you REALLY, really need the factory front lip spoiler to match that rear tail, otherwise you get major high speed lift & understeer. These are designed & intended to be installed as matched components.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:16 PM
bv shady
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New to Me! Much more raw than my 993's.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:59 PM
gerry100
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tough and simple.

Great car that doesn't drive or control itself
Old 08-12-2014, 11:11 PM
aratapuss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great looking car, keep us updated with more pictures when time allows.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:08 AM
mpiffaretti
Rennlist Member

Thank you guys! I am deleting and simplifying. I took out the wooden foot rest panels from underneath the mats and replaced with rennline Aluminum ones, took out the AC Console, and probably the radio will be coming off as well . Just changed the engine mounts, painted the Fuch wheels back to their original color. Raised the car back to original spec (previous owner had it too low). I am 36 years old and I can honestly say that I enjoy the driving experience of my air cooled SC more than my 997 TT. It reminds me of my dads car, the smell, the feel, the simplicity, and the fact that you really need to be engaged without any nanny systems that tell your wheels what to do!
Old 08-13-2014, 01:26 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by mpiffaretti
Thank you guys! I am deleting and simplifying. I took out the wooden foot rest panels from underneath the mats and replaced with rennline Aluminum ones, took out the AC Console, and probably the radio will be coming off as well . Just changed the engine mounts, painted the Fuch wheels back to their original color. Raised the car back to original spec (previous owner had it too low). I am 36 years old and I can honestly say that I enjoy the driving experience of my air cooled SC more than my 997 TT. It reminds me of my dads car, the smell, the feel, the simplicity, and the fact that you really need to be engaged without any nanny systems that tell your wheels what to do!
She's a beauty and good luck! I am originally from the P-car water cooled world and well and have been hooked for a while now. Nothing compares to the air cooled experience. While you are at it, you should either swap the turbo tail for a Carrera tail or delete it all together. IMO T-Tails look out of place on narrow bodies.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:13 AM
spanky
Rennlist Member

Received 686 Likes on 475 Posts

Very very nice

Quick Reply: My new to me 79 SC..