Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Stone Guards

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 02:55 PM
racngrn
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Stone Guards

All, when I first got my 911 ( about a year ago) , I posted an inquiry about stone guards for the front wheel wells. I live on a dirt road and always end up with stray rocks in teh tires that love to fly out a few hundred yards down the road. Painful to listen to. Nothing was available based on that post, though several folks expressed similar concerns.

I was able to find a neat product that works like a charm. If you go to jaegerbrothersauto.com you will find a product that is perfect for the early 911 crowd ( as well as some made for more recent 911's). These are not called out as being purpose built for our 911's, but I ordered a set and they fit perfectly. They are the large dragon fly slip on guards and essentially are a funky shaped guard with two strips of roving that allow the guard to slipp onto the inner fenderwell lip and they stay on very nicely. I was able to fit them very low to get maximum rocker protection and added a piece of heavy duty loop connector strip ( like the stuff used for speed passes) between the guard and the rocker end cap. They are not coming off for anything. I suspect they would stay wothout the hook and loop, but wanted to be sure. If you only need them to get to the shows, you can easily slip them off and put them on. They have a rounded edge that actually matches the rear guards my 911 has ( factory ). worth a look and not a bad price.

You might find they do the trick. I wil try to post pics.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:35 PM
racngrn
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Some pics of the installed product. I know most of you don't ever want these (or need them!), but for some its a great option to chips and other damage.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Stone Guards