Looking for the transaxle hubs/flanges

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:40 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Looking for the transaxle hubs/flanges

Hello guys,

I'm traying to help my friend to source a set of hubs/flanges/cups (I don't know the right name for them) for his 911 85' that recently picked up to restore. Unfortunately the car is missing both sides and I'm not sure where can we source these hubs that insert in the transaxle.

The transaxle P/N is 915.301.101

The graphic o part is like this photo

If anyone could point me out where can I source in the web these hubs I would thank you a lot.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:56 AM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

None? My friend confirmed is 108mm, still can't find them.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 193 Likes on 152 Posts

That part number is for the case casting, not the actual transmission. There should be a type number on it, likely 915/73. If the gearbox is unmolested, that type number will be the basis for the parts you need.

Where did you get the photo of the flanges? Note one is coarse splines, the other is fine. I think your friend needs the fine splines. Info on the different types are in this Pelican thread:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...questions.html

Pelican seems to sell entire axle shafts with the flanges and CV joints, but apparently not just the flanges. You should be able to find what you need at one of the typical dismantlers. Try DCAutomotive. (http://www.dcauto.com/)

(I just noticed you are in Peru, and I'm assuming not the one in Illinois. Not sure if you'll have trouble with international sales using someplace like DCAuto. You may have to resort to eBay. Access one of the online parts catalogs to make sure you know the part number for the flanges.)

Mark
Old 07-09-2014, 02:17 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Hi Mark,

thanks for the reply. I got that photo from the internet just to show what we need as a part.

I will have my friend check his transaxle model type to be sure what he got. I believe he does need the fine spline hub type as well.

I'm in Peru (South America) . I think there is a PERU town called in Nebraska
Old 07-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My go to guy is Brian at Einmalig. He seems to have everything. He is about 40 minutes from my house and he often let's me pull my own nuts bolts and small parts.

Tell him Doug sent you. He is helping me assemble an entire 911 from the ground up.

www.einmalig.com
Old 07-09-2014, 04:47 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Thanks. Sent him a email already.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:04 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 94 Posts

You have a photo of two different hub flanges,one course spline ,one fine spline ?.
I would first determine which you really need likely two fine spline ,if not I probably have two course spline...
Let me know what you determine, Bert
Old 07-14-2014, 12:15 AM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Hi Bert,

that's a random internet photo that I posted here to ID what I wanted to show you all what my friend was missing in his car. I thinkhe needs the 108mm fine spline flanges. Any idea where can we source it?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Looking for the transaxle hubs/flanges