Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Euro Rear Bumperettes

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 06:36 PM
grawe
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro Rear Bumperettes

Anyone know if the Euro rear bumperettes will fit on a US 911sc? Hopefully without modifying the bumper..ie welding.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:05 AM
ManniB
1st Gear

Grawe,

on my 80SC, I simply replaced the US with the Euro bumperettes . No need to drill new holes or such. However, on each side, the inner hole of the wider US bumperettes is left visible in the bumper which I closed with a rubber plug.

- Manfred
Old 05-26-2014, 09:27 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,116 Likes on 798 Posts

yup .. will leave you with a hole .. Will probably need to repaint the bumper anyway due to marks left by the old one i would imagine so a little extra work to fill the hole if you dont want to use the bumper plug.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I had the bumperette holes welded on a bumper I purchased off craigslist a couple years ago. So far the only work I've farmed out. I ground down the welds and painted it at home. This was for full bumperette delete. Would not be a big deal to weld up the outer holes and start over with paint.

May I suggest you not strip the paint and body filler all the way down. Keep your work localized as much as possible. Believe it or not there is a lot of hand worked bondo under the paint. If removed it's gotta be put back as the stamping process used to make the bumper isn't perfect and requires quite a bit of hand work to make right.

This is mine after the body work and before the ride height adjustment.
Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2014, 02:22 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,116 Likes on 798 Posts

I actually got rear ended once at a light .. guy just wasnt paying attention and pulled away and i had trouble getting it in first due ot a synchro issue i was having .. bang ... not a big deal realy as i had th eclutch in it rolled me into the intersection and put a hex head mark in my bumperate from the bolt holding on his front plate..

Was glad i had SOME bumperette . Would have been much worse without one completely.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:37 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
I actually got rear ended once at a light .. guy just wasnt paying attention and pulled away and i had trouble getting it in first due ot a synchro issue i was having .. bang ... not a big deal realy as i had th eclutch in it rolled me into the intersection and put a hex head mark in my bumperate from the bolt holding on his front plate..

Was glad i had SOME bumperette . Would have been much worse without one completely.
So this was effectively a hit and run?

Good thing for Bumperettes - sounds like a Motown Group too; woman's group of course!

Couldn't someone use bumper plugs if you don't mind the plug being there for the extra hole?
Old 05-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
So this was effectively a hit and run?

Good thing for Bumperettes - sounds like a Motown Group too; woman's group of course!

Couldn't someone use bumper plugs if you don't mind the plug being there for the extra hole?
Google image "bumperette delete" ....lots of options.

We actually have a site sponsor that goes by the name "plug guy"
Old 05-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Steam Driver
Racer

Here's what I did. I wanted the "badge bar" anyway. The painted AL plate covers the existing holes from the large bumperette mounts and leaves everything in place so if somebody down the line from me wants to return to stock the holes will already be there. I used two of the existing holes to mount the plate, and had to make two others, but if the stock bumperettes are installed those holes will be covered.
Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Google image "bumperette delete" ....lots of options.

We actually have a site sponsor that goes by the name "plug guy"
Yup, Eric - he's good people...

Quick Reply: Euro Rear Bumperettes