Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

A/C Problem - HELPPPPPP

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 11:49 PM
cabdriver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Problem - HELPPPPPP

Hi Everyone , WE NEEED HELP WITH THIS ONE!!!

I have an '87 911 that until yesterday had a reasonably functioning air conditioner ... while on a short road trip the blower/fan for the a/c stopped completely and there was a burning (electrical?) smell for a few moments. The fan doesn't work on any of the speeds and am not sure if the fan motor is the only problem -- everything seemed to work fine until I lost the fan.

I did a quick inspection of the fuses (all ok) and swapped a new relay in the a/c slot but no dice. Any experience out there as to what this might be or how I might troubleshoot the problem. I guess if it's the fan motor I can either replace or rebuild, but not sure what the best option would be.

thanks in advance for your help,

AND>>>>Hey there -3 days MY A/C in my '88 cab was working great all of a sudden the blower failed just like yours..the A/C stopped and smoke from terminal 2 appeared. Did you ever figure out what the problem and solution is... I too have checked and re-checked all fuses....this one is driving me crazy and beside that is is hot as hell here in Texas.

Old 08-04-2003, 11:08 AM
upallnight
Intermediate

Evaporator fan motor is shot.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:33 PM
cabdriver
Intermediate

How do you know??? Obviously this happened to you..and where is the Evap motor and how much does this thing cost????

Thanks..BC
Old 08-04-2003, 04:13 PM
upallnight
Intermediate

In the front trunk underneath the carpet is a lid which is refer to as the smuggler box. Open the lid and the entire evaporator system for the a/c is in there. You must remove the cover to the evaporator to gain access to the fan motor. Go to pelican website and do a search for evaporator motor replacement or check the tech section. It a pain in the A$$ to fix.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Tbenedikt
Banned

Sounds like the blower motor has burned up, not an unusual thing to happen. If you need more info with this call me at 1-800-741-5252

Quick Reply: A/C Problem - HELPPPPPP