Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

2002 911 Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 06:24 PM
88_924S
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 911 Dead Battery

First post on this forum but anyway, I have a 2002 911 Carrera that I have had for almost a year. In 2003 it was wrecked and it has a salvage title but when I got it it only had 14,000 miles. It has a straight frame and no body damage but it has a few wiring issues. Correct me if I'm wrong but the windows and engine compartment are on a hot bus (shouldn't it have to have the ignition on?) and the hood has to have the ignition on (shouldn't it be on a hot bus?). Another problem is the radio has to be manually turned on and off (shouldn't it turn off when the car turns off?). Anyway, my main problem is that something is putting a drain on the battery so that it will go dead after 24-48 hours with a full charge. I hooked up an amp meter between the battery and the positive and without anything on it pulls .6 amps. I pulled fuses to see what it was and when I pulled fuse B1 it dropped to .3 and when I pulled fuse D8 it went to .3 also. When I pulled both it dropped to .1. I looked on the internet and B1 is the cluster and diagnostics while D8 is the radio. The cluster turns off after an hour but I don't see how the radio could pull power with it off. The only other thing that could be pulling power is the little orange LED on the headboard that stays on constantly(shouldn't it turn off when the car is off?)
Sorry about typing so much, but I appreciate any help.

Quick Reply: 2002 911 Dead Battery