Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911T - now i know

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Etster88
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911T - now i know

Well, today marked the day that i started to make the dream come true. I have been a 911 fan around a year now. Got a beautiful 964 that i just adore, and have decided to keep as original as possible and milage a low as possible, so she will be driven on weekend only from now on. But to be honest, have always lusted after a long nose. Last week i dived into a 1971 911t with a 930- 3.0 engine with Weber carbs and rs cams. Just what i was looking for to make my version of Singer (we all know that most humans can only dream of spending that much on a car).
So - got both my sons involved and started the big strip down. I can honestly say, it was one of the most rewarding and enjoyable days i can remember. There is nothing like tackling a project like this on your own, if you really want to know the in's and out's of building one of these amazing cars. Stripping 'em down, you certainly get to know what makes 'em work.
Well, it's just the beginning, but boy, what a rush!
Long road ahead i know, but certainly a joy to find the original -SIGNAL ORANGE- under everything. Code 1414-L.
Long road ahead, i know, but i can hardly sleep at night anticipating the final product.
Attached Images      
Old 03-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

We need pictures of the outside too.

I've just finished up the interior on one and am starting on another. It is very rewarding work. Don't ever be afraid of it.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Etster88
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Previous owner made her a 911 RS replica, but did a really poor job. Spending most of my time looking at Magnus Walker and Singer to get amazing ideas from amazing artists and their interpretations of the ultimate 911.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 911T - now i know