Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Carrera not starting, help!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 04:38 AM
Antonio Navajas
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrera not starting, help!!!!!!!!!!

Dear sirs,

Yesterday I tried to start my 3.2 Carrera but unfortunately it did not start.
I am a very advance mechanic and I have checked the following,

1- DME relay (working properly, this relay supplies current to DME unit and fuel pump)
2- fuel pump fuse (fuel pump working, it sounds as usual)
3- spark at spark plugs (OK)

I started the car introducing petrol directly to the intake manifold and the car started right away. (I guess what I have it is a fuel supply problem).

As the fuel pump seems to work OK, (it sounds as usual no wheir sounds) and I have checked as well that fuel is getting to the fuel rail, and it is getting there.

I guess the fuel pressure regulator is broken. I wonder what is the fuel pressure at the fuel rail so I can check it with a manometer. i need this urgently.

Also it is possible for the car not to start only because the fuel pressure is low.

Best regards to everybody,

Antonio Navajas
3.2 Carrera 231 CV SPAIN
Old 07-29-2003, 06:07 AM
Steve W
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 40 Posts

Antonio, I doubt you have a bad pressure regulator, but it should be at 2.5 bar above the intake manifold pressure/vacuum, or 37.5 psi.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:10 AM
Eddie Hotrod
Advanced

Are your injectors working? The easiest way I know to check this is with a stethoscope (not in everyones toolkit!). Listen for the clicks as they open and shut. If they're not clicking, then you're not getting any fuel into the ports, even if you have fuel in the rail.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Antonio Navajas
AutoX

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Eddie Hotrod
Are your injectors working? The easiest way I know to check this is with a stethoscope (not in everyones toolkit!). Listen for the clicks as they open and shut. If they're not clicking, then you're not getting any fuel into the ports, even if you have fuel in the rail.
Dear eddie,

You are right, I just come from fixing the problem. The injectors were not working. I changed from leaded to unleaded petrol the other day and after doing a medium trip 100 miles, a let the car standing for 3 days.

It seems that the injectors needles has stuck for an unknown reason, problem fixed just tapping with a screwdriver every injector. Now everything is working as usual. The cheapest repair I have ever done, great. I am happy now.

Thanks to evreybody for helping me.

Quick Reply: Carrera not starting, help!!!!!!!!!!