Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

3.2 whale tail

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Amitch
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.2 whale tail

I have removed the aircon from my car as the compressor has failed for a second time and when we replaced the clutch cable was replaced the fan unit was in the way. The condenser under the tail has also been removed, should I blank off some of the tail to decrease the airflow into the engine compartment or will it make no difference to the engine cooling?
Old 02-17-2014, 07:16 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The rear condenser has a block plate for airflow when the rear wiper motor was installed. Otherwise, it's the same condenser as the 911SC. The later condesers are better and have thinner tubes that slow the rate of flow a bit more. In your case, I would think that removing the condenser can only have a favorable effect on weight and engine cooling.

All of those AC parts are valuable! Keep them together and do not throw them out. Either keep them or sell them.. Shoot, I don't need yet more AC parts but I'd buy them for a good price.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Amitch
3rd Gear

The condenser was very light, I was just concerned that be removing it I was upsetting the airflow around the engine compartment. I have all the parts in a box just in case.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:10 PM
stonestreet
AutoX

The more air the better. Especially if you find yourself in traffic or the city.

Quick Reply: 3.2 whale tail