Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

How many SC Guys in CA on board

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 07:01 AM
911sickness
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How many SC Guys in CA on board

Wondering how many of you SC guys are out there or if most are on the Pelican board. I'm looking to get a SC but so far have only driven one that felt correct and well maintained. However, this one had the Max Moritz 3.2 P&C's and SSI's which is not really representative on the performance of the 3.0 liter motors. I have a mint 993 C4S but somehow the car feels really heavy and hence my quest to find a SC.

Anyone know of a solid car out there for a reasonable price. Seems like the prices are all over the map. I find it hilarious that there are guys asking high teens when at that price you could get a carrera.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:44 PM
Steve Wilwerding
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm selling my SC - unfortunately, I'm not in California. E-mail me at stevew@creighton.edu for more info, or check out my website at http://www.creighton.edu/~stevew.

I'm taking offers on the car, so if you're interested, make me an offer.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:48 PM
96conv
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey,

I bought my '79 Targa with 125K miles for $13000 in April. It's in great condition, all original dash, interior and still has the Blaupunkt Franfurt w/push buttons. The Pelican guys say you should be able to find a good SC between the $9-14K range. There are a lot out there though asking for way more. I looked at a few under $12K but they requiered more work than I was prepared to get into. Watch out for repaints! New glossy, shiny exteriors are beautiful but they can detract your attention from the poor mechanicals. I'm sure you've heard this before but consider getting a PPI. I asked the mechanic who did mine what I should offer the seller. His advice, I feel, was right on.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:54 PM
911sickness
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

I have seen your car advertised and it is very nice but just don't know about any potential issues that a Euro car would have with passing tough emissions regs in SoCal. We can't even run the SSI's in CA which is a shame unless one wants to go through the trouble of switching exhausts for an emissions test.

Quick Reply: How many SC Guys in CA on board