Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

930 gas tank repair or replace??

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 06:32 PM
somoney311
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The iceman,

Visiting DC Automotive was eye opening to say the least. The guys that work there are super friendly and they have a LOT of stuff. it is a crying shame so many of our cars even go there. I did get a new tank so its time to clean it up a bit and wait for my new lines and other various parts.

CW-VIESOCK,

I saw that they recommend using the protection formula every fill up. I think that may be overkill but you may be onto something. If you suspect a bit of water in the system it may be a good idea to use that once in a while, especially in humid environments like South Carolina (where my car has bee vor the past 10 years). I did use the car every week, so it did not sit around too long between fill ups.

James
Old 01-10-2014, 07:52 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Your tank has been around a lot longer than the 10 years it has spent with you in S. Carolina. The damage most likely started prior to your stewardship. I'm glad your experience with DC automotive was a positive one. I tried to buy a part from them. Order placed on a Thursday. Check status on the following Monday. I was told the order wasn't even in the que yet.

Keep your tank topped off.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:07 PM
somoney311
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mussberger,

Yes the tank has been around a bit longer than the ten years in S. Carolina but the original owner was a NJ guy. I was born and raised there and I will tell you it does get humid in the summer but nothing like in SC. I assume as it got a little window into the tank and then just festered. The bigger problem is that now that I have opened the car up just this little bit it has kindled a fire in me....this is going to be bad. Now by bad, I mean good for the car but bad for my wallet.

James
Old 01-11-2014, 08:25 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

James I am in New Jersey. Race car has 150,000 miles on it with the original tank. Now that I said that all bets are off.

I also own an 83 benz 380sl that has cis fuel injection. Car save been in the family since new. Past several years I put maybe 300 miles a year on it. I keep it topped off with treated fuel and keep my fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: 930 gas tank repair or replace??