Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Can I order a Porsche with optional Day Time Running lights like the manual saids?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Jonny Danger
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I order a Porsche with optional Day Time Running lights like the manual saids?

Here is the situation, my manual for my Porsche said that I can disable the Daytime running lights as long as its not mandatory in my country.

I live in the USA and daytime running lights are not mandatory so therefore I should be able to turn them off however the options does not exist on my Caymen Porsche.

Could the Porsche factory in Germany incorrectly be labeling the USA as a mandatory Daytime running light country even thought they are simple allowed but not mandatory?

Has anyone ever figured out how to turn them off or why the option is not showing up like the manual said they should ?

The reason I ask is because I am ordering a new 911 Porsche(991 model) from the factory and I want to make sure I have the ability to turn off the Day Time running lights .

For reference, here is a copy and paste of the manual:
The "Daytime Run. Lights" setting can only be changed when the vehicle is stationary or moving at walking speed.
The function is only available in countries where daytime running lights are not mandatory.

Press the button.
Press the button or touch the tab of the same name in the header.
Select "Individual memory"
> "Light".
Select "Daytime Run. Lights" to activate ( ) or deactivate ( ) the function.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Tom 97 C2-S, So. Cal.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi JD:

On this Forum (911's up to 89') our cars come with driver/manual controlled DRL's.

I have never looked in to deactivating this feature on my 991. I would try the 991 Forum after doing a "search" first.

As it sounds like you are on your way to becoming a Porschephile, you should join Rennlist.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:08 PM
bhmkv
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrong forum. This area is for air cooled cars.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Carlos Danger had the same question just a few months ago.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:22 PM
bhmkv
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With my last two cars. Vw/ audi i bought a new switch from ecs and had car modded with vagcom to run fogs and no dtrls. Not sure if this can be done with Porsche, but my guess is yes.

Quick Reply: Can I order a Porsche with optional Day Time Running lights like the manual saids?