Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Starting problems on a 77 911 3.0 (ROW)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 09:56 AM
David0514
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Starting problems on a 77 911 3.0 (ROW)

Hi, I recently took my engine out to have my tranny rebuilt. A big thanks to Chris B. and some of the Messin Gang up in NH who helped me out. Actually I just scrapped the old gaskets out so they really did all of it. Anyways, I put the motor back in on Saturday. The car was running great when I took the motor out. Well before I put the motor in I replaced the solenoid on the starter. (I crushed the old solenoid cap when I was connecting the cables up). Well on Sunday when I went to start as soon as I connected the battery there was a whinning, spinning noise coming from the starter. The key was still in the off position. Well I called the guy I bought the solenoid and was informed that I did not connect the solenoid to the starter correctly. Actually I did not connect, I just pushed the solenoid into place and screwed in. Anyways, last night I took the starter off, remove the solenoid, fixed and put back in the car. I hook the battery cables running from my battery to the + and - in the car as I did before when I got the whining noise. This time I got no noises with key in off position. Ah, the sweet smell of progess. Well I turned the key and just heard a click like when there is not enough juice to turn the starter. I looked at the battery and the charge was about 11.5v. So I juiced up for an hour this morning and got over 12 and tried again. Same clicking result. Any ideas what I may have forgot to do or where I should check. Two other notes, the ground on the tranny is not connected ( I don't think it was before and I am currently fixing) and the clutch cable also is not hooked up. Other than that I think everything is good. Oh, the car has a Permatune.
Any sugestions before I drive, well push the car into a river. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Starting problems on a 77 911 3.0 (ROW)