Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New member intro

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 01:23 AM
sparkplug93
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member intro

Hi my name is "Spark Plug", I'm 20 years old, and I recently joined the Rennlist forum. I am a Porsche enthusiast, even though I don't have one yet, but it doesn't change my passion for Porsche at all. I love the brand, the cars, working on Porsche's and the racing background that is Porsche. I'm currently saving up for a 996 Gt3 in speed yellow, but until I can have my own Porsche, I want to surround myself with Porsche's and fellow enthusiasts because I love to learn new things about the Porsche brand, its cars, and the history. That is why I joined this forum, to meet and get in touch with enthusiasts that share my immense passion.

Last edited by sparkplug93; 09-21-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome. I waited 25+ years.

I ran across this video just a couple hours ago:

Old 09-21-2013, 01:42 PM
sparkplug93
Intermediate

Ya know it's wierd I actually just got done watching that video before I decided to check this thread, it's definitely a great story. I think the 930 is one of best looking and timeless turbos porsche ever made, that's just my opinion. I can definitely relate to his story though, every time I see a 996 GT3, it's a special moment for me, as corny as that probably sounds.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the incurable insanity of Porsche devotion! Stepping into a GT3 is like going to the head of the class. You have many years ahead of you and should start with something basic like the affordable SC. This you will enjoy while working to acquire your ultimate GT3! My '88 Carrera is a blast to drive even though it lacks the horsepower of the later cars. It's been said that: "It's more fun driving a slow car fast, than a fast car slow!"
Old 09-22-2013, 05:06 AM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome. If you haven't already seen the youtube videos, be sure to check out the one on Magnus's Porsche's, that'll get you pumped up!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:55 PM
sparkplug93
Intermediate

Rick-A-Shay: I also heard that its more fun to drive a slow car fast, and I imagine with the right suspension tuning and right tires you could really throw one of the older cars into some really nice corners and come out alive haha. I have also been thinking about getting an early 80's car, I just hope that by the time I have the money to buy and early 80's car the market doesn't change drastically. Im hoping to shoot for maybe and $18,000 car with hopefully under 100,000 miles, but I will cross that bridge when i come to it. The other thing that I would love about that car is that I would treat it as the guy with the "million mile 356" treated his car. Just keep fixing the car until it was impossible to fix, keep it for along time, drive it as much as possible.

Veleno: I watched a short documentary on Magnus Walker and his cars, it was really cool to see the passion that he shares for the brand. One of the things he talked about was the interchangeability between different Porsche parts from different years. Weather or not Porsche had planned that or it just happened, regardless it seems "convenient" and gives me hope that I could achieve what I stated above.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:53 PM
sparkplug93
Intermediate

Does anyone think that I should become a paid member or is that something you wait for when you actually own a Porsche?
Old 09-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely become a paid member in support of Rennlist. It also gives access to some cllassified ads not accessible to "users".

Not necessary to have a Porsche to join but, you will be more welcome as a member! Insanity welcomes company!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:44 AM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information here and some great pics too. I had dreamt of having a 911 for years, ever since my 20's, and was finally able to get my car 4 years ago when I was 47. I hope you don't have to wait as long as I did. Cheers.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:52 AM
sparkplug93
Intermediate

I really appreciate the warm welcomes, maybe I will hold off on the membership till I have a little more experience on the forum, and after I get to know some more members of Rennlist and PCA.

Dino V: Thank you for the welcome, I am really happy i joined the forum and decided to try and reach out the Porsche community.

irobertson: Hello, I really hope I am able to absorb a lot of the knowledge that is on here, I hope to also do that by sitting in (if its alright with the people there of course) while much older and wiser Porsche enthusiasts have a conversation at a meet or gtg about things that have to do with there Porsche's or the history or something with a certain model Porsche. Also I've been saving up for a Porsche now for a little while now and I'm so excited and nervous to buy my first Porsche, and the more I think about it the more I want to get an air-cooled first instead of the 996 GT3. I know I will love and enjoy!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:08 PM
CVDH
Racer

Hi there. I'm 24 and I just bought a 3.2 Carrera this past spring. They're a great value now, and they will be sure to appreciate in the coming years. They're very easy to work on and something you could drive every day if you wanted to. You can find nice cars for under $20k if you look hard enough.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:17 AM
sparkplug93
Intermediate

Nice, congrats on the purchase, I hope I am able to get mine within a couple years and drive it as much as possible. I think the only thing I wont drive the car in is snow, just because I have to worry about other drivers running into me or something hahaha.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:32 PM
CVDH
Racer

Originally Posted by sparkplug93
Nice, congrats on the purchase, I hope I am able to get mine within a couple years and drive it as much as possible. I think the only thing I wont drive the car in is snow, just because I have to worry about other drivers running into me or something hahaha.
Get a 964 Carrera 4 and enjoy it year-round!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:07 PM
sparkplug93
Intermediate

That sounds like a great idea, hhhmmm I wonder if its possible to find a good, clean car for under $30k........ I must do some research!

Quick Reply: New member intro