Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Seine Shift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013 | 08:29 AM
Steam Driver
Racer

Default Seine Shift Kit

I'm interested in this kit, but have some questions I'll bet someone here can answer. Here goes:

It really sounds good, but is it worth the time and money for a non-race (street/autocross) car?

Does it require shift tower removal (and thus disassembly of the console, etc.) to install or can it be done merely by removing the boot? The reason I ask this is a "now or later" thing.
Old 09-10-2013 | 02:31 PM
kc chief
Advanced

There is a ton of information about the Seine shift enhancement. Numerous "how to" articles are out there if you search. You can see how it is installed. But, to answer your question, the console and shifter need to be removed. If you have a short shift, you will have to modify (i.e. grind/trim) the housing. It's recommended to weld the tab on the shift lever. If you don't the hose clamp will eventual move at a horrible time, ask me how I know. It's a great upgrade, and should be done, it eliminates the "money shift". Note, although it's a massive improvement, don't expect it to shift like a 996/997/991.
Old 09-10-2013 | 02:42 PM
Hunt3R
Racer

Best mod ever for 915 cars, no matter where or how you plan to drive it. It's really pretty simple to install too, may take a few hours if it's your first time taking the console apart. The most complicated part is getting a ride in another car to a welding shop so like KC Chief mentioned they can tack on the new tab to your shift rod so that it will grab the new gating plate on the 1-2 side.
Old 09-10-2013 | 04:56 PM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

How much do you think a good shop would charge for this mod (parts/labor)? I am looking at 86 911 and would like to know how much to budget for this.
thanks
Old 09-10-2013 | 10:48 PM
Hunt3R
Racer

It's a relatively easy DIY install, I couldn't tell you how much a shop would charge because I've never heard of anyone going to a shop to have it done. Here's the instructions: http://www.seinesystems.com/GateShift-Install.htm
Old 09-12-2013 | 01:16 AM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hunt3R
It's a relatively easy DIY install, I couldn't tell you how much a shop would charge because I've never heard of anyone going to a shop to have it done. Here's the instructions: http://www.seinesystems.com/GateShift-Install.htm
Thanks for the link!
Old 09-12-2013 | 08:18 AM
Steam Driver
Racer

Thanks for the information guys; I'll order that kit before I put the interior back together. I can get the tab welded no problem.

Quick Reply: Seine Shift Kit