Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Rear Seat Delete Shelf/Cabinet

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Steam Driver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Seat Delete Shelf/Cabinet

There was an article ("Keep It Simple") in the June Panorama that pictured something I would love to have. See page 69, lower right corner.

It's a luggage shelf (for lack of a better description) that replaces the rear seats and has a pair of locking doors in the front of it. Researching this I found (on the Pelican forum) that around 2001 there was someone building these, but the post was unclear as to who that was - and even if it had been they may not be around now. But the car (912) in the "Keep It Simple" article has obviously found one.

This would be a good DIY item but I doubt I could do it to the standards it appears the one in the photograph accompanying the article is made to!
Old 06-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

The vendor that manufactured those luggage shelves for the 911 was in the vendor area at Rennsport Reunion IV at Laguna 18 months ago. Looking for the contact info too......
Old 01-04-2017, 12:35 PM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

Question

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
The vendor that manufactured those luggage shelves for the 911 was in the vendor area at Rennsport Reunion IV at Laguna 18 months ago. Looking for the contact info too......
Did you ever figure out the contact info?
Old 01-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 54 Posts

I think Jupin Joe on Pelican makes a version of this.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:03 PM
hangar21
7th Gear

Guys, after much searching I decided to build my own "rear sear delete box. I also decided it needed to support the rear post of my bolt end roll bar. The fabrication process was lengthy ( because I kept changing my mind), finally decided to fabricate frame out of aluminum (2024T3, various thickness). I used the rear seat belt attach points as "anchors" for rear post of roll bar (4130N chrome moly steel). The front of box houses to subwoofers, these are installed in 3/4" MDF (medium density fiberboard) cover with leather. Delete box is covered with carpet. This was part of a complete interior overhaul. I like function & look of the "box"! Good luck with your project.
Terry

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Delete Shelf/Cabinet