Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

List of repairs to do on a SC/3.2 that you just bought (to make it "done")

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:07 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

no such thing as a master checklist, all 911 are unique. Buy the best money can buy then start from there... you can make your master list from the car that you bought. Even buying a brand new modern car will have some form of list...
Old 10-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by PushingMyLuck
I was just using this thread to make a personal master checklist of stuff to inspect or possibly fix if I buy a 911.
I figured there might be one other person who may want a similar list one day.

Seeing work done by others also gives me keywords to search and learn about.

If you want, since this thread seems to serve no purpose, I will copy off this thread into an offline file.
Or, as your initial reply was, so "annoying to me". You've had comments from others on this too, so I don't think I'm alone in my post. I think you got some feedback on your question early on, which is not a lot different than we've seen over the years. Instead of continually cutting and pasting new excerpts, which actually DEVALUE the thread due to redundancy, make a list for yourself? How many times do we need to see CV joints, wires, dist cap, etc?

There are books like Pete Z's, Wayne's 101 projects or rebuild book, Bentley, etc that many buy and pour over to learn about these cars and evaluate levels of difficulty in doing various projects.

Again, until you actually make the plunge, this stuff is somewhat meaningless. IMHO.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:27 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

pushing my luck ... why don't you take yourself offline ...
Until you can honestly say that you own a car,rather than waste everybody's time on this forum with your useless queries that have been documented plenty of times before as well as your double posting on Pelican,perhaps you can move on to a fishing forum ... i'm sure you're curious if anybody ever caught a shark while fly fishing !
Old 10-28-2013, 09:36 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Was funny to go back and look at the initial post, and that I was the first to respond. And now we're here.

Know what? I can look at it through shop owner glasses back when these cars were new --> 20+ years old (yeah, a '65 would pop up now and again), and stuff you never could believe would break did break. And I only saw, what, 2-300 of these things? What has Pete seen? 10X that. So just refer to his book.

Other thing looking through shop owner glasses is how to deal with "this guy" walking into your place one day. You may collect some bucks (contrast that with making an honest profit for services), but you generally lose..............
Old 10-29-2013, 12:22 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PushingMyLuck
I was just using this thread to make a personal master checklist of stuff to inspect or possibly fix if I buy a 911.
I figured there might be one other person who may want a similar list one day.

Seeing work done by others also gives me keywords to search and learn about.

If you want, since this thread seems to serve no purpose, I will copy off this thread into an offline file.
Possibly everything. Maybe nothing. Likely something.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:23 AM
PushingMyLuck
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wildcat077
,perhaps you can move on to a fishing forum ... i'm sure you're curious if anybody ever caught a shark while fly fishing !
http://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfis...y-fishing.html
Old 10-29-2013, 09:51 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,144 Likes on 818 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBonus
Possibly everything. Maybe nothing. Likely something.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:09 AM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

pushing my luck,you're like a hemorroid ... you just keep coming back !
Although i'll have to admit,you are pretty resilient ... lol

Now that you've solved the fly fishing enigma,perhaps you can move on to the hunting
forum and see if anybody's ever kiled a bear with a peashooter !

Quick Reply: List of repairs to do on a SC/3.2 that you just bought (to make it "done")