Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Need help/advice moving 911 with engine out and rest of garage

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help/advice moving 911 with engine out and rest of garage

Unfortunate circumstances mean I have to move my garage somewhere else local (San Diego) really soon... by the end of June. I don't know where, yet. Still have to find a place. This will include my 911 with the engine and transmission out of it, multiple roll-aways with tools, and a Bend Pak low rise lift. The 911 is over the lift meaning it's not an easy push out of the garage (Maybe it still can be pushed up and over the lift.), and the space is a bit tight behind the garage in a townhome complex. It will have to be winched onto a trailer. And, of course, the lift is very heavy and needs multiple persons to get it onto a trailer or maybe a lift gate truck.

Looking for any help or advice. Never had to move heavy objects like this before. I'm thinking I need a trailer with winch or a flat bed sevice for the 911 and either a trailer or lift gate truck for the lift and roll aways and rest of garage stuff. Recommendations for service providers or any possible trailer loaners? I have a tow capable vehicle.

Thanks for any and all suggestions and offers of assistance.

Brett
Old 05-30-2013, 05:48 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I was closer, I'd come and help you out. I have two trailers, one is an auto trailer with a winch, and the other is a 25' equipment trailer. It might not fit behind a condo due to insufficient turn radius.

But there are tons of people out there who would respond to either a classified ad or putting the word out.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you were closer, too. You've got just what I need. Just posted on the San Diego PCA board, too. Putting the word out as much as possible.

Brett
Old 05-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I volunteer Ed. He had a trailer at one point. Even if you didn't have wheels on the 911 you could move it super easy.

Harbor Freight has 1/2 ton piano dollies for $9.99 that will work for more than pianos. I've used as many as 4 of them under large objects that had to go.
I was off by two bucks:
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...x/?p=1&q=dolly
Old 05-30-2013, 08:38 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

I've got 2 700 lbs dollies, a furniture dolly, pallet jack, and forklift too, dangit.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've got a refrigerator dolly 100 miles north if that helps.

Don't borrow anything from Rusnak, it'll be slathered with pumpkin guts.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:34 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Funny you mention that, Doug. I've been cleaning the "snow flock" off of my Christmas gear. That stuff is NASTY. Everything else gets a clean and re-paint every year anyway.

Quick Reply: Need help/advice moving 911 with engine out and rest of garage