Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1976 Daily driver...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 12:32 PM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JLJ11
...I still find it weird how nobody thinks jumping in an old 911 every day is a good idea. I used to have a 997 and other modern cars, just never made me smile as much. Will be a sad day when they are all tucked up in garages and not being seen out and about.
I admire your persistence to drive a proper vintage car as a daily driver. Much like driving a race car in the streets, using an older/cool car for daily driving is a romantic notion that I appreciate and have done in the past with a 70s/80s 911s and an early 70s Benz. Doing so unfortunately got old after dealing with stop-and-go traffic and weather outside the 40-80 degree range on a daily basis. I find that alternating car use is the better way to still appreciate/drive the cars I like. By driving a different car, I actually further appreciate the virtues of the older cars. With your Raptor, perhaps you are able to do the same.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 PM
JLJ11
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear u. Its not like its as easy as driving a new car, but my only new car is a 3 ton pickup truck and thats not exactly easy in manhattan either but i only have myself to blame. Reason to make this my daily driver, at least for a month or two, was to iron out all the small issues, so far the only things to let me down are the wipers (not the fuse, prob the motor) and now the turn signals.. prob some short somewhere. This week im taking it off the road for those repairs and a lot of protective film/coverage as im taking it on a 3 day rally of new hampshire with the early S registry crowd. Sounds fun but i def need some prep work. So for rest of week im back in the raptor. Probably the most hilarious car to drive around manhattan.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 1976 Daily driver...