Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

request for help on getting DME relay female pins

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013 | 11:15 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

"(waiting on the UPS truck, as we speak)"

It was sent in a white envelope via USPS.
Check your mail.
Old 04-20-2013 | 09:09 AM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Sorry for the misread of your email Loren. I have checked the mail, to no avail. Bet it shows today! Thanks for the support !

BEST!

Doyle
Old 04-20-2013 | 09:25 AM
Lorenfb
Race Car

" I have checked the mail, to no avail. Bet it shows today! "

Let me know what time your mail normally comes and if no
delivery today, I'll FedEx another one today so it comes on
Monday.
Old 04-20-2013 | 03:39 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

It just made it here, Loren...BIG THANKS!!!!!

Here's some pics of the pin provided by Loren. This ends up being the "DME relay" problem for Yazhound...

BEST to all,...big frikin' thanks to Loren, as he did this on his own accord....

Doyle
Attached Images    
Old 04-20-2013 | 06:33 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

"It just made it here"

Mailed on Monday at the LAX main USPS post office.
That's 5 days to GA! Thought all letters go by air and
that the local mule service had become obsolete.
Old 04-20-2013 | 08:13 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Not sure of the pathing (or, even, of the -local-mule). All I know is that it's here!!!! Thanks again, Loren!

BEST!

Doyle
Old 04-23-2013 | 09:02 AM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Bef,..can't get your links to open...would love to know more about "all of my experience"..

Best,

Doyle
Old 04-23-2013 | 12:34 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Nice post delete from an unknown (or maybe known).....wow.
Old 04-27-2013 | 08:13 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Although it's been a week since the last update, Yaz and I finally timed our schedules to get to work on this. Today was the day. Of course, it ends up being on a morning after spending Patron Tequila time (shots) with friends so my spirits weren't what they normally are, but after sweating out a gallon of fluids, things started to come together........

Loren's pin fit perfectly and the receptacle was in good enough shape to reuse. BIG THANKS, LOREN!!!!! Loren had also repaired and checked out Yaz's DME previously so we were anxious to make sure it was good to go. DME pin repair was pretty uneventful and everything went back together ok (after triple checking the pin re-insertions). She fired right up, idled like a charm and ran perfectly for a 15-20 minute run. He let me drive (probably out of pity for me since my 89 is in the paint shop for restoration). Sure felt nice driving a 911 again after nearly four months of 911 abstinence. First time I've driven a Targa...his clutch is a good bit stiffer than mine, releasing at a higher point in the engagement and noticed that his shifter bushing is shot. Very tight car with great handling (although I didn't really toss it around). No "creaks" or moans whatsoever. Just a great feel!

SO: moral of the thread story is to check your DME relay receptacle pins!!!!! One could throw DME relays at such a "condition" never achieving a start condition.

VERY glad I had a chance to look at YAZ's ride, as I found a fuel leak right on top of the left side of the manifold! WOW,....after studying the situation, someone had provided a very incorrect repair of the T'd fuel lines going to the fuel rails. This could have been BIG trouble at any given point,..freaked me out. I'll probably start a different thread relating to this finding.

In any event: SUCCESS!!!!

Thanks to Loren for the DME repair, as well as getting the DME receptacle pin to us. Thanks to YAZ for trusting me to work on his car, and being quite patient with the few weeks it took to get her back on the road.

As well, thanks to all fellow PP's who contributed their time, offering information. This is a great group!!

BEST to all!

Doyle

Quick Reply: request for help on getting DME relay female pins