They really are 20k cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Shannon123
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Zimmermann
An analysis that I can agree with!
While I'm not disagreeing with the $20k old P-car concept, I will remain on the side that a world-wide liquidity bubble is responsible high prices. Just look at the records set for Barrett Jackson sales over the years....most coming in 2006-2008 (housing bubble) and more in 2012-2013 (fed driven liquidity bubble) !

I'd like to quote a guy named Jim Rogers a partner of George Soros who was one of my primary investment managers while I was 'in the biz'

"I love it when nobody agrees with me, it gives me further assurance that I'm thinking right"
Old 02-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

ok, back to the original deal....after talking to some professional folks, thru email and voice coms(thanks to all)...I'm going to pull the trigger on the 930-10.
Too good a deal, I trust the rebuilder now owner Howard Freeman...has a following over on the P site and we've had some very good lengthy conversations.
No way I could replicate this for the money and trade my motor in on top of it.
Back to a 20k car.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon123
While I'm not disagreeing with the $20k old P-car concept, I will remain on the side that a world-wide liquidity bubble is responsible high prices. Just look at the records set for Barrett Jackson sales over the years....most coming in 2006-2008 (housing bubble) and more in 2012-2013 (fed driven liquidity bubble) !

I'd like to quote a guy named Jim Rogers a partner of George Soros who was one of my primary investment managers while I was 'in the biz'

"I love it when nobody agrees with me, it gives me further assurance that I'm thinking right"
I'm a long time Sports Car Market magazine reader, and am constantly stunned by the auction sale numbers they post monthly, P-cars included. It truly shows just how much money is currently on the sidelines looking for a relatively safe harbor, or to simply use to satisfy a desire/dream.

"I love it when nobody agrees with me, it gives me further assurance that I'm thinking right." -

Quick Reply: They really are 20k cars