Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Thank you to the prestige UK magazine "Fast Car"

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 PM
BisimotoSales
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thank you to the prestige UK magazine "Fast Car"

Bisimoto Engineering is honored to be covered by the prestige UK magazine "Fast Car". Which will be available on their next issue (on sale 5/2/2013)!

Be sure to visit "Fast Car" on FaceBook

www.facebook.com/fastcar

www.fastcar.co.uk/newsstand

Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm
Instructor

hope the detals are in the magazine : )

good job Bisi
Old 04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
aratapuss
Instructor

That car is crazy . . .
and that is not a bad thing to be . . .
Old 04-02-2013, 09:22 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Congrats Bisi! Well deserved.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
BisimotoSales
Former Vendor

Thank you for the kind words everyone!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Bisi, you and I need to coordinate our schedules a little better. Julio needs a raise too.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Very cool-I've not seen that mag before. I'll check it out.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 PM
BisimotoSales
Former Vendor

Smile

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Bisi, you and I need to coordinate our schedules a little better. Julio needs a raise too.
Hahaha, can't believe I missed this post! A raise or a car built would be nice.

- Julio A.

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Very cool-I've not seen that mag before. I'll check it out.
Thank you for the kind words.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:08 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,140 Likes on 814 Posts

Maybe its me but i just dont get it .. the car is more like a Caricature of what a Porsche should be and is an assault onthe eyes to a pureist., like the things those artists draw on the sidewalk and is a ridiculous representation of what it should be. . I liken it to a clown car and realy dont consider it a Porsche at all . More of a novelty, and would be realy embarassed to be seen in it .. Although I can see how certain crowds would like it .. the same guys with massive wings on the back of accords and apple can mufflers.

But hey thats just me .. just providing a counterpoint.

I would take the smooth lines of a nice stock 911 coupe any day ..
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 PM
BisimotoSales
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by theiceman
Maybe its me but i just dont get it .. the car is more like a Caricature of what a Porsche should be and is an assault onthe eyes to a pureist., like the things those artists draw on the sidewalk and is a ridiculous representation of what it should be. . I liken it to a clown car and realy dont consider it a Porsche at all . More of a novelty, and would be realy embarassed to be seen in it .. Although I can see how certain crowds would like it .. the same guys with massive wings on the back of accords and apple can mufflers.

But hey thats just me .. just providing a counterpoint.

I would take the smooth lines of a nice stock 911 coupe any day ..
Thank you for your honest opinion. Everyone will have their preferred tastes on how a vehicle will look aesthetically. Of course we do have many who love the styling of our Twin Turbo Porsche and a few who do not.

However, the large wing and wide fenders do serve a purpose, much more than just a style. With the amount of power this project is producing, the wing will gain us the needed down force to retain stability at higher speeds. The wider fenders will allow us to take advantage of a much more aggressive tire size to retain traction and heavy side lateral loads when in an out of turns. In my opinion this Bisimoto project offers both function and form.

- Julio A.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Julio, tell Bisi to give us an action video of this Porsche doing what Porsches do.... carve up canyons and curves. Clive is right in several respects, as it looks like a stoplight racer, not a GT or an RS. Guys here don't give a flying flip about launch control or ET, but will talk all day about how a narrow bodied car produces less drag than a turbo bodied car. Love it, but it is outside the norm.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:00 PM
BisimotoSales
Former Vendor

Smile

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Julio, tell Bisi to give us an action video of this Porsche doing what Porsches do.... carve up canyons and curves. Clive is right in several respects, as it looks like a stoplight racer, not a GT or an RS. Guys here don't give a flying flip about launch control or ET, but will talk all day about how a narrow bodied car produces less drag than a turbo bodied car. Love it, but it is outside the norm.
Thank Doug, we are working on some cool videos of this street car project in action. Projects that Bisimoto builds are always out of the ordinary and lets us stand apart from rest.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Sure, the body is a bit much, for my liking-but there's no doubt on what one does gain in tire size and aero, if it will be driven in anger.

That's the gripe I have with the RWB crowd, they ooh & awe how the Nakai guy is a genius. Porsche has put huge fenders on race cars for a long time now, so IMO, there is nothing new there. I may be wrong, but they seem to be all about the bodywork. In fact, there was a RWB car at a C&C in San Diego recently. When it started up and drove away, it was more than underwhelming.

I do ooh & awe when people take mechanicals to a new level, and that is what I believe happened here. The car seems to be a beast.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:31 PM
BisimotoSales
Former Vendor

Smile

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Sure, the body is a bit much, for my liking-but there's no doubt on what one does gain in tire size and aero, if it will be driven in anger.

That's the gripe I have with the RWB crowd, they ooh & awe how the Nakai guy is a genius. Porsche has put huge fenders on race cars for a long time now, so IMO, there is nothing new there. I may be wrong, but they seem to be all about the bodywork. In fact, there was a RWB car at a C&C in San Diego recently. When it started up and drove away, it was more than underwhelming.

I do ooh & awe when people take mechanicals to a new level, and that is what I believe happened here. The car seems to be a beast.
Thank you for the kind words Ed. While other companies may focus only on the "aesthetics", at Bisimoto Engineering our main focus is on the engineering of engine performance, tuning and innovation. On this particular project, we wanted to combine the classic 911 styling along with superb drivability, fuel economy, and power of a modern vehicle.

- Julio A.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:41 PM
BisimotoSales
Former Vendor

“If you can think it, we can build it!”

We at Bisimoto Engineering can fulfill your desires of a dream vehicle. No longer do you have to
outsource to numerous shops and avenues to piece together your ideal vehicle. We build Exotic street
and track-ready/prepped vehicles. We are a ONE-STOP SHOP, ready and equipped to exceed your
utmost highest expectations. Allow us us to serve and fulfill your needs today.

We specialize in:

- Turbo-Charged applications, both OEM and Aftermarket (single and twin)
- Super-Charged applications
- Hybrid Powerplants
- Naturally aspirated applications
- "Reliable Power, Guaranteed."

Call or email today for your own personalized consultation. (888)922-6686 OR email:sales@bisimoto.com

Quick Reply: Thank you to the prestige UK magazine "Fast Car"