Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Targa Wind Noise!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by fast_eddie
I have terrible wind noise from my targa roof. A friend was following me the other day and reported the vinyl on my roof lifts as I drive along. I suspect this is my noise problem (venturi effect) as I have replaced the front seal (Dans). I need to recover my top and glue the vinyl to the padding properly. In short, the targa top is bellowing. Hope that makes sense and perhaps help to others.
Ed
Could simply be a failure of the clips that hold down the vinyl top to the frame. What condition are they in??
Old 05-25-2013, 01:36 AM
Rob Heath
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had my top rebuilt by Dave Brown a year ago and installed one of Dan's front seals and my Targa is much quieter... not sure if it is quieter with the Targa top off, but it sure is more fun to drive with the top off
Old 05-25-2013, 07:06 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Heath
Had my top rebuilt by Dave Brown a year ago and installed one of Dan's front seals and my Targa is much quieter... not sure if it is quieter with the Targa top off, but it sure is more fun to drive with the top off
Hi Rob,

My top was already rebuilt, it was the seals that were my issue. I replaced the windshield and seal (windshield was cracked), front seal from Dan, Targa bar seal and all door seals. She's tight as a drum now!

Quick Reply: Targa Wind Noise!