Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Handling and shock question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Handling and shock question

I'm wanting to reduce the Porsche salute on fast cornering. That weight shift when the rear outside compresses and unweights the front inner assembly.
Stock set up as is and was wondering if a Bilstein sport or HD shock can firm that up or would that require other mods too?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would seriously look at the suspension bushings first, balljoints, strut mount, strut bushings, etc etc first. You might be experiencing some slop due to wear, or you might need a corner balance and alignment.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

A properly configured and matched suspension package will do the job for you. This means torsion bars and matching shocks, plus whatever wear parts that may be needed to restore the handling and ride quality.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

I'll check those things but the car is tight as hell, steering is spot on etc. All of the stock shocks work properly and the suspension is tight (PO replced worn items as needed).
I understand the packaging thing to but will stiffer rear shocks alone assist in this...it isn't a huge wallow.
I don't know if stiffer shocks will actually assist in the holding the weight shift or they just rebound better/harder.
Thanks for the replys.

Quick Reply: Handling and shock question