Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Seat Re-Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Slate_Grey
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Re-Installation

Ugh... 4 months ago I removed the passenger seat. Life happened, and now I can't remember what goes where or how to get this thing back together. Can someone enlighten me as to how to put the seat in place, but then also thread the bolts through into those brass pieces (that seem to need to float at the top of the seat rail channels)? Seems like a puzzle and I'm missing something obvious or I need an extra arm, fingers and x-ray vision.
Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:41 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just reupholstered my drivers seat....Position the seat where you want it. You should have one end of the rails sticking out so you can get the bolts into it. My seats are electric so I had to extend the height all the way and put the seat all the way forward.

Whichever end you start with (I start at the back of the inside rail). position the seat over the rail and drop a bolt through the hole. It should drop in easily. That long (4 hole) brass piece goes under the rail. The bolt goes through the hole closest to the rear. Slide the brass piece into the underside of the rail while using the other hand (fingers) to lift the bolt. Hold pressure on the brass piece and slide it forward while trying to drop the bolt into the top of the threads on the last hole. All you have to do is get it started and then use your short allen head socket to start taking up the slack in the threads. Lease a couple of threads loose so you manipulate the bracket and then put in the other bolt. Take up the slack in the threads and also leave a couple of threads loose. Then go to the outside rail and do the same. You have to put pressure on the bottom of the brass piece pushing up on all of them while positioning the bolt over one of the holes to engage the threads.

Keep doing this until all the bolts are started...then tighten.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Since you just pulled the seat out, this shouldn't be too bad. When you removed it, did you remove the front bolts first, or the rears? If you pulled the fronts first, the seat will be positioned forward on the sliders so start by putting the rear bolts in first. The long 4 holed brass piece I think goes on the inside rear. Don't forget to plug the seat power back in. Once you sit the seat on the mounts and get the holes lined, start at the inside rear. Use your finger to slide the brass receiver in and when you see the holes start the allen bolt with your other hand to make sure you aren't going to cross thread it. Get it just snug, then do the other side. Don't tighten them all the way up until you get the fronts started like Ron said. Slide the seat back and get the fronts started. Snug them down tight, then slide the seat forward and tighten up the rears.

Quick Reply: Seat Re-Installation