Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Worn Throttle Body Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 03:07 PM
Matt Domanowski
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Worn Throttle Body Replacement

At my last tune-up my Porsche mechanic diagnosed a random rev-up issue in my car to a worn throttle body not providing effective contact to the idle switch.

Pelican does not stock them and there are none currently in the US for my 83 911SC. They are not sure when one will come in and it costs ~ $550.

Any suggestions on either aftermarket tb's that are cheaper, more accessible, and possible superior to the OEM part or a good condition used tb?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2002, 05:58 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talk to Gordon Bieker of Bieker Engineering in California...I think he's still around?

He rebuilds and enlarges throttle bodies. I doubt your throttle body is worn, but the butterfly shaft bushings may be, causing vacuum leaks, and possibly an erratic idle, etc.

The idle sensor switch you speak of is adjustable, and I believe it's called the throttle position switch?? It activates only at idle, throttle pedal at full up position.

Give it a look over and see if you can adjust it...if I remember correctly, it is...if not, just "tweak/bend" the bracket a bit.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:46 PM
Dean
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eurometrix (I think) rebuilds them. They are in Groton MA
Dean

Quick Reply: Worn Throttle Body Replacement