Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Classic Collectors Insurance by Infinity

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 PM
mclmk8d
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Classic Collectors Insurance by Infinity

Does anyone here have their Porsche insured by Classic Collectors Insurance by Infinity or has had it in the past? If so, what were your experiences, good or bad? Thanks in advance.
I currently have Grundy, but my policy expires sometime in January, so I'm shopping around.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:14 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

What is the deal with Classic Collectors car insurance...what exactly is it? The cost of my car insurance for either a 91 964 or 97 993 were both approx 1350 each in NJ with full coverage.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Classic ins. often after a apraisal will give you an agreed value of your car in case of loss with no haggling.
Additionally the premiums are a lot lower as it is assumed it is NOT a daily driver and is only used for pleasure cruise / weekend drives etc .. not as a grocery getter.

At least thats how it works here in Canada.

My ins on 911 went from 800 a year liability only with no collision to 210 a year with full coverage valued at 20K .

i put about 5K a year on it.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by swesna
What is the deal with Classic Collectors car insurance...what exactly is it? The cost of my car insurance for either a 91 964 or 97 993 were both approx 1350 each in NJ with full coverage.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Classic/Collector car insurance. Generally, you get a less expensive rate than regular insurance, but there are limitations on vehicle use and mileage. You can't use it as a DD, you can't take it to school or work, you have to let them know the catagory of miles you will be driving, (1000, 3000, 5,000) price goes up with more mileage as the risk of damage increases. You have an agreed upon value for a payout if the car gets totalled. Also, they don't give you a hassel about using factory parts rather than aftermarket for repairs. Some policies will reimburse you if you break down and need to have it towed by flatbed to a repair facility, also possible reimbursemet for hotel if repair takes a few days. Also, car must be in a locked garage at the residence where it stays.

Saying you have full coverage for $1,350 doesn't mean much. Insurance rates depend on where you live. In addition, the price depends on how much you carry for optional BI to others, Under/Unisured Motorist Coverage, Med Pay (if any), glass coverage etc. and thats in addition to basic collision.

Your $1,350 could be good in NJ, as part of it depends where you live, but to make an accurate comparison, you need to state what you carry for BI, Underinsured, if you have medpay (in addition to PIP), glass, rental, etc. (and keep in mind your is not agreed upon value...so they might look in the newspaper and give you whatever the lowest value they can find is on a 15-20 year old Porsche).

But if you use your car as a daily driver or don't have a locking garage, classic car insurance isn't going to work out for you.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:10 PM
mclmk8d
Instructor

I was looking for specific info on the company itself; the name of it IS "Classic Collectors Insurance by Infinity".
Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mclmk8d
I was looking for specific info on the company itself; the name of it IS "Classic Collectors Insurance by Infinity".
Never heard of them. I called Leyland West and a few other big names. However, my home insurance agent hooked me up with American Modern Home Insurance Company and they have been great to deal with and they were less expensive than Leyland and the others I had contacted for classic/collector car insurance.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Looking to update an old thread.

I was looking for specific info on the company itself; the name of it IS "Classic Collectors Insurance by Infinity"

The under writing requirements that this insurance company requires, like limited use and driving are a good fit for my car use, and their rates seem to reflect that.

With this thread having been started in 2012 I would appreciate any updates anyone can post relating to customer service.

Quick Reply: Classic Collectors Insurance by Infinity