Not so Urban Outlaw

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Not so Urban Outlaw

More Country type.
Had that need for speed this afternoon so hit my 'circuit' ...north on US 93 from Wickenburg, Az (traffic) to west on US 71 (no traffic) to US 60 back to town.
I hit 130 indicated (prb 124 with the 6 mph discrepancy) but lots of 100+ as you can see forever, sweeping turns and nothing but desert either side on 71, no nothin and barbed wire fences to keep the big critters of the road. When you slow down to legal speed 70ish it feels like 30 mph.
This is my first Porsche and man do I love it, 224k miles plus and still goes like a bat outa hell....amazed at that really. I've had some high miles classics but they had lost their 'edge' until rebuild.
This car feels like a rock at 100+, accelerates sharply and communicates like a drunken housewife (non stop).
These are amazing cars....my only regret, I'd not driven one earlier.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:57 AM
dsrufer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in deer territory out here. A dead carcass lines our PA roads every few miles. Deer stroll through our backyard daily (reminder to self to pick up slingshot). Trees line the roadways allowing deer to sneak up on passing motorists. But we do have some extremely tight and twisty roads elevation changing roads. I just hope my cat bypass sends the deer scattering away from the roadways and is not some sick call of the wild. I too am amazed at the drive-ability of the 911. I stick tires on my roof, drive 4 hours to some track, spend 6+ hours running DE events at full throttle, then drive it back home. For being 25 years old, it's a performer. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

I know what you mean, I think anywhere out east is deer country...was in Cleveland a few weeks ago and had bucks fighting in my friends suburban back yard.
There is a DE this Dec at the Phx raceway....think I'll try it out.

Quick Reply: Not so Urban Outlaw