ride height questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 07:39 PM
777CheekZ
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ride height questions

hey guys
im new to this forum...new as is i just registered about an hour ago not even lol
and i have a few questions to increase my knowledge
my dad has a boxster that hes trying to sell and someone came to him and offered him his 82 911 sc with 100,000 kms/62k miles (stating a value of 20,000)

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ429341319

now for my questions:
1- is it really worth 20,000?
2- what is regular height and euro height?
3- whats a good stanced setup with a comfortable amount of low?
4- my father is also wondering about a body kit..what are your opinions

sorry for all the questions..yes ive been looking but im reading euro height and 24.25/24.75 ride heights when i dont even know what stock heights are lol
trying too look stuff up but there is little information (clealy i havent been looking for long enough or hard enough) lol
please help me out..i really need all the information i can get to convince my father to do the trade..this model 911 has been his dream car for 50 years (hes 55) and mine for a while as well...hes just hessitant about spending that extra money to get it

thank you
Eric
Old 11-09-2012, 07:40 PM
777CheekZ
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh oh oh...and im a very big wheel ***** (excuse my language) so can someone please tell me the specs for these wheels?
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,148 Likes on 822 Posts

I have an sc . it could be worth 20 but it would have to be absolutely perfect. I would say 14 is more realistic

Is it a canadian car ? If US offer less as its grey market and brought in cheaper
Just go on autotrader to get an idea.
It would all depend on a ppi also.
Also you should know the sc is NOT the daily driver the boxster is.

What year is the Boxster ?

The wheels should be fuchs. Not surd what should be on them you should post a pic but 16s 7s and 8s would be ideal
Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The wheels look like 6x16 in the front and 7x16 in the back. They are the stock Fuchs though I'm not sure if 16's were available in 1982. Nice color. It makes me think of the darker 1980 weissach edition. The front lip is an add on that shouldn't be there without a matching tail and the scoop on the front bumper isn't stock. Anyway, welcome to Rennlist.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:14 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 777CheekZ
http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ429341319

now for my questions:
1- is it really worth 20,000?
2- what is regular height and euro height?
3- whats a good stanced setup with a comfortable amount of low?
4- my father is also wondering about a body kit..what are your opinions
Eric, welcome!

I would echo iceman and say that the car is definitely priced high. 14-16 is a more realistic price point. Depending what year the Boxster is, a straight-trade might work out for you. I'd certainly take the SC over the Boxster

Can't comment on the stance, but I'm sure someone else will chime in with proper ride heights.

If you want to get fiberglass bumpers that change the look a bit there are some companies (Getty Designs is one) that make them in the style of the earlier cars (such as the Carrera RS). Quite a few styles to choose from, and they make tails too. You can definitely cut a lot of weight using them, although in my opinion the styling is better suited for the earlier cars - I like the stock bumper look on mine.

Quick Reply: ride height questions