Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Researching 911s

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW, here is an example of one of the homologated '76 Carrera 2,7 911s. The description is wrong in that there were only 113 coupes produced and they were sold into more markets than just D and CH.

http://www.caporsche.net/images/cars...pe/images.html
Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian 96C2
The US Carreras are significantly less collectible than the MFI models because as Pete states they lack the 'magic'. I have seen quite a few excellent examples of these cars, they are out there.

You can certain tell my bias, but hopefully you will have an opportunity to see and drive some of these various models and make up your own mind what to spend your money on.

Be sure to check the Early S forum for car events/shows in your area so you can see some of these cars for yourself and speak with the owners. Every week there is a fantastic Cars and Coffee in Irvine. Many classic Porsches show up for this event.
Lots of useful info. Much appreciated. Have been to C & C in Irvine a few times. About 40 min., but will have to visit for sure before I make the plunge.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian 96C2
BTW, here is an example of one of the homologated '76 Carrera 2,7 911s. The description is wrong in that there were only 113 coupes produced and they were sold into more markets than just D and CH.

http://www.caporsche.net/images/cars...pe/images.html
Beautiful vehicle. Most certainly out of my league. I haven't been to their facility, but I plan on going there just to look and get educated. They certainly do wonderful work, but I think they are at the top end $ wise.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Lapkritis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You never know until you call. The market for some of these higher items is not as strong as you might expect. I know I picked up my own for a song and a dance.

Quick Reply: Researching 911s