Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New guy here - think I've finally convinced her!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:47 PM
sradick
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here - think I've finally convinced her!

Hey everyone - been stalking these boards for a couple of weeks now as I gathered information to help build the case to my wife that we could/should get a 911 as our next car. We live right in the city here in Chicago so we technically don't even need a car as I walk to work and she works from home. BUT - we have a two year old and want to have a car for schlepping her around, running errands, drives back to Pittsburgh to see family, etc., and don't want to deal with Zipcar. I'm currently leasing a c300 and that's up in February 2013 so I'll be looking to buy sometime in the next 3-5 months.

Here's what I'm thinking - since this will be our only car, I'm ideally looking for an AWD, automatic 997.1 in the $40-45K range. She wants a cab - I'm indifferent, but we both think that AWD is more important than the ragtop (we live in Chicago/drives to Pittsburgh, etc.). I've found a few on cars.com and ebay that might be candidates, but they're all pretty far away. Never bought on a car on the Internet before, but long-distance buying seems pretty common here.

Any recommendations of things that I should be looking out for when scouring the Internet for my perfect 911? I'm not much of a DIYer so a CPO would be my preference, but I don't think I'll be able to get that and everything else I want at that price. Anyway - just wanted to drop the obligatory "hey everybody - I'm here" post!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,149 Likes on 823 Posts

Your looking for something a lot newer than a 911.
Try the water cooled section for a 997
All the best
Old 09-10-2012, 12:20 AM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

If you are getting a 997, get a 09+ DFI motor.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:41 PM
sradick
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doh - sorry guys. Thought this was more of a general 911 forum that encompassed all versions. I'll repost to the 997 forum.

Quick Reply: New guy here - think I've finally convinced her!