Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Well i went to LA yesterday and bought a 73 911 (RS look)...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002 | 02:14 AM
JoeyG
Intermediate

Post Well i went to LA yesterday and bought a 73 911 (RS look)...

It was the one listed in the clasifieds. the car is nice....the paint is good the interior is there and o.k. but needs work. the only signs of rust i could find were a couple of small bubbles on the lower left front 1/4 panel. the car was originally a 73 911 T sepia brown. its now a RS in white with an S interior and a nice set of S sport seats. the car has been around and the guy had a lot of receipts for it, even the original invoice. its allways been a ca car. the engine and drivetrain is why i bought it. i talked with the guy who built the engine and tranny and it seems that all the right parts were put in, 3.0 case 3.3 crank, motec injection, about 15K in the engine about 2.5k ago. another 3 in the tranny. but the i need info on where to get a good set of motor mounts and where to get interior stuff.. anyone know of a good interior guy in the SF bay area?. well the car made it from LA to SF today with no problems lets hope it will stay that way.....
Old 05-03-2002 | 09:20 PM
cmoss

Call and ask the helpful people at Parts Heaven in the East Bay. I had some powder-coating done last year from someone they recommended. Check out their website if you can't find their number in the book.
Chris
cmoss@cruzio.com
'80 SC (for sale...)
'96 993
Old 05-06-2002 | 11:28 AM
steve911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congratulations on your You can also check with the guys at EASY (emeryville) for used/new porsche parts. good place to go in and talk shop.

Also, if "interior guy" means upholstery shop, I highly recommend Armand's in Walnut Creek. Just had them reupholster my front seats - couldn't be more pleased.
Old 05-06-2002 | 12:07 PM
Scott in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Joey, you are gonna love that early car. They are a full of fun and excitement when pushed to the limits. Take care,

Quick Reply: Well i went to LA yesterday and bought a 73 911 (RS look)...