Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help!! 81 SC wont start

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 02:08 AM
duke3282
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help!! 81 SC wont start

I have had my car for about a month now and so far it has been great. It has always started the first time and there havent been any problems. This weekend i decided to install a keyless entry system and power door locks. It all seemed to work well but when i went to try and drive it it wouldnt start. The first time i cranked it it fired and then died and after that the starter just turns and there isnt any sign of it trying to start. I think the fuel pump relay is screwed up because when i turn the key i dont hear the fuel pump running. I jumpered from the 30 plug to the 87a plug on the relay and you could hear the fuel pump running and smell gas but still it doesnt fire. I have tested all the fuses and they are fine. Are there any other relays or fuses that i should check besides the ones on the side of the trunk area. Is there any way i can get it to start without the fuel pump relay because i need to drive it tomorrow since i am not at my apartment. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--Sorry for the long post
Old 03-16-2003, 04:32 PM
duke3282
6th Gear

Well, the fuel pump relay works and i can hear it run when i try to start the car, and im getting a spark , and i can see the air intake valve open and close. So it seems im getting fuel, spark and air so i dont know whats left. Is there any sensor or anything that can be tripped keeping the engine from starting.

Any input would be appreciated.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:15 PM
BoyT-911
Advanced

Duke3282,
Check your fuel pressure. CIS fuel system needs certain amount of fuel pressure to effectively start and run. Install a timing light (stroboscope type) to see if you have ignition and finally you need a fully charged battery. Good luck.....

Quick Reply: Help!! 81 SC wont start