Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Aftermarket 17" wheels/tires rubbing problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 11:56 AM
J-RAD
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Aftermarket 17" wheels/tires rubbing problem

Do any of you have experience with aftermarket wheels and tires for a 911SC? I have an '82 that is set to what is generally considered european ride height (25 1/2" front/~25" rear). I bought Porsche replica wheels (Porsche Cup). They are 7.5x17 front and 9x17 rear. The tires are 205/50 17 front and 255/40 17 rear. The rears are rubbing slightly on occasion...fronts possibly as well (especially on a full tank with a larger passenger). The car DOES need an alignment. I would like to keep the wheels but I cannot have this rubbing issue. The offset is correct at 23mm and I am told by a couple of sources that the combo should fit. I did roll the front fenders and the rubbing may have stopped there. However, the rear is still an issue. The alignment may help a little but I doubt it will solve the problem. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, how did you solve the problem? I am looking for any ideas. I do not want to raise the car if possible. I am considering a 245 width for the back...does this seem reasonable? Again, any feedback would be appreciated...I am posting this on the wheel/tire board as well.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket 17" wheels/tires rubbing problem