Aluminum Door Handle Group Buy - Feeler

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Ds1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum Door Handle Group Buy - Feeler

Hey guys,

While talking to a friend of mine who runs a metal fabrication company about some 911 parts (I wanted him to make me a block off plate for my engine to backdate the heat) he mentioned he could probably make the brushed aluminum door interior door handles that a lot of people upgrade to for a good bit cheaper than you can find them around the usual Porsche retailers.

Naturally, I took some interest in this. After I checked around, I found that handles were around $75 - $85 per pair, plus shipping. I've always known Pelican Parts sell the Rennline versions for $75 (plus shipping I think) here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...2D%39%34%29%20

More research found Eagle Day sells the same style but with sporty looking holes drilled for $85 plus $15 shipping (to me, at least) for a total of $105. http://www.eagleday.com/911bidohastp.html

Automotion has them for $69 plus shipping... http://www.automotion.com/door-handl...1974-1994.html

They are around $90 from AutoAtlanta, and theres none on eBay I can see right now. So, I gave my friend a call back to see what he could do. So heres the important stuff:

He would have to make a minimum of 20 sets at a time, and the price (including US shipping, just throwing them in the mail in a padded envelope) would be $50 a set at his cost. This could be with or without holes, and with or without the "911" script on them, and they could even be anodized black; all for the same price. There has to be some congruency, though. He can't make each set a custom order.

I would get them just for myself for $50, but I don't need 19 more sets, hahaha. I was thinking about selling them, but I wouldn't be able to make any money on them by the time I paid the metal fab company plus put them on eBay plus beat other retailers prices... So, my idea is for a possible group buy to save ourselves a bunch of cash. If we can get just 10 people who are seriously interested then I will go ahead and place the order. I'm not going to ask for money up front or anything like that, but if you are willing to give your legitimate interest then I will be happy to pay the guy to make all of them (it would probably be 20-30 days until they are ready, by the way).

As the title says, this is a feeler. If you think you'd be really interested for sure, let me know (maybe I will take a $10 non-refundable deposit?). If no one cares, then no big deal, I'll just have to spend the extra $50 to get the Rennline ones. If people are seriously interested, I can post my eBay feedback and phone number for you. Make sure to specify what color/features you would want

I'll be the first to say I'll take a set!
1. Ds1 - brushed with holes
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you. ....Been looking for this for 5 years:

http://www.eagleday.com/911frwiplnut.html
Old 07-06-2012, 10:08 AM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Thank you. ....Been looking for this for 5 years:

http://www.eagleday.com/911frwiplnut.html
I bought mine off Pelican.

Now, for the door handles, I think most would like to see a prototype first. I know they all look similar, but we'd like to see the guy's work.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

i might be interested but for me it would have to be anodized black and allmost indistinguishable from original

no bling for me ..
Old 07-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Ds1
Instructor

Originally Posted by WPOZZZ
I bought mine off Pelican.

Now, for the door handles, I think most would like to see a prototype first. I know they all look similar, but we'd like to see the guy's work.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I'll have a sample set made up when we get a couple people interested.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:52 AM
yogi
Advanced

I am interested in a brushed set, with no holes.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:46 PM
jlucas
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theiceman
i might be interested but for me it would have to be anodized black and allmost indistinguishable from original
no bling for me ..
Also interested in a black set, prefer stockish as well.

Quick Reply: Aluminum Door Handle Group Buy - Feeler