Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

CIS tuning? Lean........Rich.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003 | 11:40 AM
Gary_C
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post CIS tuning? Lean........Rich.

I need help on learning how to adjust the mixture and tools needed for doing so.I explained the situation to a 911 owner in another state and he said it sounded like the car was running too rich.to adjust the mixture in quarter turns.
It idles high around 1200 rpms for quite awhile before dropping down.Then while driving ( at around 180 temp), if you're not doing 2200-2500, it "stutters' until getting past those marks, then will really take off.
The engine is a 2.7 ('73 2.4 block with '75 2.7 components).
Thanks for any help.
Gary
Old 03-23-2003 | 09:19 AM
RoninLB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"I need help on learning how to adjust the mixture and tools needed for doing so."
--- I can't do it without a gas analizer in a CIS engine.. some guys can do it somewhat good by having a good feel for it.. I have to use a $125 Gasmeter[wrong spelling]

"I explained the situation to a 911 owner in another state and he said it sounded like the car was running too rich.to adjust the mixture in quarter turns."
--- gotta establish a mixture baseline w/CIS

"It idles high around 1200 rpms for quite awhile before dropping down."
--- a deceleration valve could do that.. easy to disconnect.. mine is permanently disabled

"Then while driving ( at around 180 temp), if you're not doing 2200-2500, it "stutters' until getting past those marks, then will really take off."
--- assuming you have the CIS, with a good mixture setting. and your using a 2.7 CIS dizzy.. I would check dizzy curve with the dizzy vac retard disconnected.. then leave it disconnected and set total timing, and forget about initial timing for awhile
The engine is a 2.7 ('73 2.4 block with '75 2.7 components).
Thanks for any help.
Gary[/QB][/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: CIS tuning? Lean........Rich.