Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Cool New Shop In Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 04:16 AM
Normy
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Cool New Shop In Orlando

Today, while driving around in HappyTruck, the '66 Ford F100 that I use for airport car duty here in Orlando, I chanced upon an auto repair shop...with a Porsche 928 parked prominently in front.

After stopping at Publix, I drove home and procured my own '85 928S2 and drove to the new shop to find out if they work on Porsches. I walked into the [spotless] lobby and pressed my flat stomach against the formica counter. What did I notice with my perfect airline-pilot eyes? A complete $350 set of Porsche 928 shop manuals...

Hmm! An enthusiast!

Well, conversations with the owner revealed a true 928 freak...and an enthusiast of things Porsche in general. He told me that he's had several 928's, and loves to work on Porsche's.

-I have no affiliation with this shop, and have not had my car worked on there so I obviously cannot vouch for his skills with a wrench. But the place was meticulously clean, and we wound up looking at each others cars like two kids swapping comic books....

This seems like the kind of place where your car will receive a little more attention than usual. I generally do all my own work on my '85 928S2 5 Speed, but revert to the experts when it gets very heavy or a good diagnostic is necessary. Since the best shop in town [Zotz Garage] is WAY expensive, I am always looking for a reasonable alternative and this place looks like just that.

Abe's Auto Repair Inc.
3328 South Conway Road
Orlando, Florida 32812

The shop is located on Conway, north of Hoffner, south of Curry Ford, and about 4 miles north of Orlando International Airport. Give him a try-

Normy!
'85 928S2 5 Speed

Quick Reply: Cool New Shop In Orlando