Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Could really use a readable wiring diagram for my 1975 911S

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 02:37 AM
MillenniumFalcon
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could really use a readable wiring diagram for my 1975 911S

Well, my Perma-tune and my coil were both fried in quick succession after I drove my car on the freeway and the HT coil wire slipped halfway out of the coil tower- just far enough for the coil to arc itself to death, and then fry the Perma-tune, as the car missed and ran like crap for 5 whole minutes.

I just installed an MSD CD 6A box (6201) along with a new coil. It seems to be running fine, but I have no wiring diagram for the car- the Haynes manual is useless. I am trying to figure out the wiring for the tachometer, the ignition switch and the flasher circuits...

Yes, I know I need the 8910 tach adapter, but I cannot figure out what color and WHERE the tach wire is in the engine compartment... I have read that it is black with a purple stripe, but I have been through every wire in there (I had to pull the entire aluminum mount off the left side of the engine bay), and there is no black/purple wire anywhere....

Also, isn't there already a tach signal conditioner in the engine bay? Doe that have to be removed from the loop when using the MSD tach adapter? I am very confused.

Also, my hazard flasher is coming on as soon as I turn on the ignition- the exterior lights do not flash, but the flasher unit clicks/flashes, along with both right and left interior indicator lights. The hazard button is not flashing, and It functions fine, as do the turn signals when I turn them on...but the rest of the time, the flasher is flashing the indicator lights in the car, but not flashing them outside. I have had this problem since I bought it, and if I have a wiring diagram, I could eliminate each circuit. I'm guessing it's an ignition switch problem..

Does anyone have a resource for a wiring diagram??? Could someone at least tell me the color of the tach wire, and where it terminates in the engine compartment??

My God, anything at all will be a huge help.

Quick Reply: Could really use a readable wiring diagram for my 1975 911S