Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera Horn and Window

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Munoz20
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera Horn and Window

My horn is stuck in the on position (I have the fuse removed for now). I must have this fixed because it will not pass next inspection without a working horn. When I lift the lower part of the horn cover, it stops. When I let go, it starts again. Does this mean I need an entirely new clockspring? Or is there an alternative route I can go?

Also my passenger side window does not automatically close the few millimeters after the door is closed. Is it possibly off the track or do I need a new regulator?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:40 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to locate the 996 forum and re-post there.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your hornpad detent is missing or has a broken spring, making the contact groun against the steering column, which is what you want to do to make the horn "go on". You want to break the contact, and so you should inspect the underside of the horn pad for the reason the contact space is not open.

If your windown otherwise works ok, then it's not the regulator or the track. If it's not closing ,then there is likely a switch or broken wire in the door frame that is not sending the signal back to your brain or relay/brain module somewhere that controls these fancy shmancy features. We're bare bones in this forum so thats foregin to us.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Munoz20
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, will do.

Quick Reply: 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera Horn and Window