Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

What should I take on a trip?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Mister Moo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am old and wary; I keep spares in a go-box in the garage. For trips far from home I work on the assumption IF anything craps out I'd rather have a spare in the car instead of my shed. Creditcard, camera and cellphone are most crucial; Cubans are nice - Dominicans or Nicaraguans are fine.

Go-box: flashlight, spare key, fuses, fuel- filter and pump, relays, compressor, tire plugs, tools, belt, wire/tape/microtorch/solder and connectors, multimeter, sparkplug, dist. cap/rotor, coil, pretested shoelace gascap opener; bulb set, blanket.

After 4 decades of foreign cars and motorcycles (and five decades sailing) I've given up wondering where niggly stuff will come from on Saturday night in Podunk when the lights all go out.

The Suburban and Goldwing, not so much - compressor, fuses, bulbs and tire plug kit.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:00 AM
spanky
Rennlist Member

Received 739 Likes on 518 Posts

I have my standard mini tool kit that I move frm car to car, where I go It goes: ratchet 3/8, wrenches, sockets, 2 streamlite JR flash lights fluke 117 multi meter, 2 rolls blk elect tape, DME relay and jumper , AAA card, fix a flat and a cell phone.. Time to goooo!!!

Quick Reply: What should I take on a trip?