Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Non-PCA member attending Porsche Parade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:09 PM
7S5
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-PCA member attending Porsche Parade?

My son and I are very interested in attending this year's Parade in Salt Lake City and seeing lots of great 911s (and other Porsches) from past and present. Because we're not yet Porsche owners, many of the events are not open to us. Salt Lake is a long day's drive, or an easy two-day's drive (about 15 hours) and I'd really like hear your opinions about making the drive and attending as a non-member. I assume we can see the Concours d'Elegance and possibly the Autocross? Also, the Porsche corral - I can't find an explanation of this, but I assume a large display area for those driving to Parade?

Even seeing a few events would be a lot of fun and a great learning experience to get up close to these great cars. Would you make the drive as a non-member?

Thanks for your opinions!

Eric

Last edited by 7S5; 05-16-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Caferacer
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might make sense to sign up for PCA Quest which is a six month partial membership while you hunt for a car. It does not appear to entitle you to attend members only events but you can contact your local region and meet up with some of the members at Salt Lake.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've attended the Concours & auto cross portions of the Parade in the past and enjoyed those events as a spectator. The Concours can draw out some pretty cool iron. When the Parade was in my home town, I spent time walking through the concours prep area. That was a great "behind the scenes" look at what goes on at Parade.

If you and your son can make the trip, I'd highly recommend going as spectators and viewing the cars. Most importantly, it may turn out to be a father/son experience that your son will never forget. That is the part that is worth it and as they say priceless.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 AM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The concours and corral are all together in one big car show. The difference is that concours cars are judged in competition, whereas the corral cars are display only. The event is open to the public!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:49 PM
7S5
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your opinions on this. I, too, think this would be a memorable event for us. I'd be interested to see if we can get into the concours prep area as non-members. Anyone know for sure? I think this would be fascinating to see. If not, just experiencing the gathering through the concours/corral and autocross would be a great experience.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I would go and enjoy. People will be more then happy to discuss anything and everything Porsche with you and you will probably gain a lot of info on possible cars for sale.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:34 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
I would go and enjoy. People will be more then happy to discuss anything and everything Porsche with you and you will probably gain a lot of info on possible cars for sale.
I agree, people easy to approach and enjoy talking about their cars.

Quick Reply: Non-PCA member attending Porsche Parade?