Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Sunroof won't go up

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 11:36 PM
dmiller
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sunroof won't go up

Please help. I redid my sunroof with new cables and it opens and closes but at one point the back does not go up unless I push on it as it is closing. What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-22-2003, 07:32 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have to adjust the cables so that the rear pivots up. Sometimes it may take several attempts to get it correct.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:25 PM
dmiller
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car is a 69 911 and It does have the cables that have an adjustable mount that hooks to the sunroof. I have adjusted it to it lowest and highest setting. Neither will put the roof in a closed position. Two questions. 1. Could it be that it needs to be perfect to force the roof up, therefore I should put it in different setting in the middle of the two ranges? 2. There is a small diameter rod that sticks out from the cable guide, is the metal tab from the sun roof supposed to go under or above this rod? It seems to get worse if I put the tab under the rod. I truly appreciate any help on this. If it wasn't for this hassle for of putting the chrome back around the windshield I could be driving it on this beautiful day.

Quick Reply: Sunroof won't go up