Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

NY/NJ/CT/PA Spring kick off run

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 03:45 PM
masterdave
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NY/NJ/CT/PA Spring kick off run

Its that time of year the weather is getting nice and our cars are coming out of hibernation which means its time for a run. Our hawks nest run last thanksgiving was a great time and we had a great showing. I know many of you are heading to Hershey this weekend unfortunately I can not make it. But ill give you all some time to install your new pars and get every thing tested. So here is the plan,

SATURDAY MAY 19 we will be doing a run.

We have a few options,

1) the usual bear mountain run
2) the hawks nest run again
3) feel free to suggest some roads

Last time we were able to do both the hawks nest run and the bear mountain run it was a great day.

So lets start out with this tentative plan,

8AM those in the area meet at the Rye Playland Parking lot. I know its early but the hawks nest is not close.

8:30AM we hit the road for the Chillis we met at last time (ill find the address). If memory serves it will take about an hour and fifteen to get there.

10AM arrive at the Chills and meet with the Jersey group. This worked out well last time we even had a random 997 passerby join the group.

10:30ish we leave the Chillies and head towards the hawks nest. We can meet with a final group there at the burger joint we met at last time.

Noon: we head out to do the Hawks nest run. We will grab lunch there on the way back.

After lunch it is up to people to do what they want. Some of us headed south for the bear mountain run after and some people headed home.

This was a great run last year and I would love to do it when the weather is nice. I know its far far in advance but if I post now people will have time to plan accordingly.

Regards
Dave
Old 04-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Caferacer
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that was quick. Count me in! I will be bearing gifts...
Old 04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
uptheorg
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sounds great, but do you have to do it that weekend? The 911S Registry/R Gruppe is doing its 3-day 1000 mile "Mountain Melee" in New Hampshire and about 50 cars (mostly from the Northeast) are doing that. I would love to join you, but I'm going with them --
Old 04-20-2012, 10:53 PM
masterdave
Racer

I understand. The reason It is this weekend is I go to college in PA and will only be home this weekend as I will be working down at school for the summer.

Regards
Dave
Old 04-30-2012, 04:47 PM
masterdave
Racer

bump
Old 04-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Jaws911
Pro

can you be more specific about where the Chili's is ,and what time you will get there?Also the same about the burger place...?

Old 05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
masterdave
Racer

Yeah the run is being planed mostly over on pelican, Im coming up with the final location and times right now and I should have it up soon. If you are in NYC you would be best meeting us at Rye Playland.

Regards
Dave
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm in for this one!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Caferacer
Pro

Dave, I installed the pre-muffler and will bring your new cat bypass (assuming one of my three kids doesn't have a soccer game in some far off place).
Old 05-05-2012, 10:17 PM
masterdave
Racer

Same plan as last time,

1) Meet at Rye Playland around 815am. I will arrive around 800am ish. We will hang out there a bit, get a few photos and what not. Then we will leave Playland around 845-9ish.

2) From Playland we will take 287 to 23. There is a Chili's right at the exit of 287 on to 23. We will meet there to join up with any one that got separated, or any one that is coming up from jersey and wanted to go the 23 run with every one. We should get there around 945ish.

3) 10:30ish we will leave the Chili's parking lot and head north towards Port Jervis. we should be arriving some time around 11:30. We will meet at Arlene & Tom's Restaurant
265 East Main Street, Port Jervis, NY 12771-2209. We will be getting lunch here later as per suggested.

4) we will hang around there for a bit wait for people who wanted to meet around there then head out to do the RT.97 drive around 12:15-1230ish.

5) We will then come back to Arlene & Toms for a later lunch. After that if people are up for it we can do the RT 97 drive again, head home or go do any other drive people may want.

I think this plan provides enough stoping points that we can meet up with every one along the way some where. Feel free to come for part of the drive, or all of it. Take lots of pictures, any one taking video I would like to coordinate a way to get it so I can edit what every one takes, together.

Regards
Dave
Old 05-08-2012, 10:26 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Will there be a meeting point further up north? I am about 20 min north of Playland and 20 min south of Peekskill.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:52 PM
masterdave
Racer

not as far as I know playland may be your best bet.

Regards
Dave
Old 05-16-2012, 11:07 AM
masterdave
Racer

Here are the directions

1) Meet at Rye Playland around 815am. I will arrive around 800am ish. We will hang out there a bit, get a few photos and what not. Then we will leave Playland around 845-9ish.

2) From Playland we will take 287 to exit 52A which is Rt. 23. There is a Chili's (Chili's‎, 58 Rte 23 North Riverdale, NJ 07457) right at the exit of 287 on to 23. We will meet there to join up with any one that got separated, or any one that is coming up from jersey and wanted to go the 23 run with every one. We should get there around 945ish.

3) 10:30ish we will leave the Chili's parking lot and head north towards Port Jervis. we should be arriving some time around 11:30. We will meet at Arlene & Tom's Restaurant
265 East Main Street, Port Jervis, NY 12771-2209. We will be getting lunch here later as per suggested.

4) we will hang around there for a bit wait for people who wanted to meet around there then head out to do the RT.97 drive around 12:15-1230ish.

5) We will then come back to Arlene & Toms for a later lunch. After that if people are up for it we can do the RT 97 drive again, head home or go do any other drive people may want.

I think this plan provides enough stoping points that we can meet up with every one along the way some where. Feel free to come for part of the drive, or all of it. Take lots of pictures, any one taking video I would like to coordinate a way to get it so I can edit what every one takes, together.

Regards
Dave
Old 05-18-2012, 10:55 PM
masterdave
Racer

Here are the directions and plans one more time so that every one is on the same page, lets call these the official ones.

Here are the directions

2) From Playland we will take 287 to exit 52A (to stay on 287 you have to take exit 15 as it we get close to NJ ) which is Rt. 23. There is a Chili's (Chili's‎, 58 Rte 23 North Riverdale, NJ 07457) right at the exit of 287 on to 23. We will meet there to join up with any one that got separated, or any one that is coming up from jersey and wanted to go the 23 run with every one. We should get there around 945-10am-ish.

3) 10:30ish we will leave the Chili's parking lot and head north towards Port Jervis. we should be arriving some time around 11:30. We will meet at Arlene & Tom's Restaurant (265 East Main Street, Port Jervis, NY 12771-2209). We will be getting lunch here later as per suggested.

Regards
Dave
Old 05-19-2012, 11:42 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Enjoy guys, I can't make it, but will be tooling around at one point today.

Quick Reply: NY/NJ/CT/PA Spring kick off run