Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

stock 2.2 value?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 01:09 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Post stock 2.2 value?

i have the stock 2.2 motor out of my 71 T. about 105k miles on it. any idea on what it worths? what about the stock 901 tranny?

thanks.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Dan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just from my experience when I had my 2.2 rebuilt and I was looking at a possible upgrade to a 3.0 or 3.2, my engine with about 150k and in need of a rebuild (low comp on #1 and several oil leaks that would require the case to be opened) was worth about maybe $1000.00 and that was a credit from the person who was going to do the swap. So in the free market probably less ($700?). Completely stock with Zenith carbs. 2.2 are not in high demand since it seems, at least here in Cali, that most guys are moving up vs a rebuild. Someone who was doing some vintage racing might be interested but probably not willing to pay a premium.
If you do plan on selling the motor do compression and leak down test before you remove. Take video of the engine running in your car, at start up and revs.
Remember a shop may be willing to give you more in credit as they can make it up in other things you might need or not need.
Just my .02 and probably way off base.

Quick Reply: stock 2.2 value?