Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

86 cab top latch

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 PM
LjH
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 cab top latch

OK here we go! I have a 86 cab with top problems. I have replaced the driver's side bow because it snapped. I have replaced the top because it was old and torn on the driver's side AND I replaced the passenger side latch motor because it would not release. The top light stayed on but I could usually bump it open, then closed and it would go off. Now the latch motor that worked for a while has stopped unlatching, the top light stays on most of the time, and of course I can't put the top down. I have spent hours looking at posts about this and it boils down to one thing. I want to convert to a manual top. What amazes me is I cannot find any part numbers for the latches so I can purchase the parts! Does anyone have a manual top cab (pre 86) ? I think Targa parts may work, but I am not sure. PLEASE list the part numbers to convert the header latches from electric to manual.
thanks
Old 04-14-2012, 05:11 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't really know what to tell you other than to support your decision to go manual. Love mine. Simple. Reach up, pull down the latches, and flip it back. Haven't actually put the top down in a couple years, but when I do....

Welcome to Rennlist

Quick Reply: 86 cab top latch