Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

"The seventh injector" modified

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003 | 09:34 AM
1FastRedSC
Instructor

Talking "The seventh injector" modified

I thought this was hillarious (especially for cis owners) and only wish that i could have found my camera over the weekend. While getting to work on my trans, i was inspecting some of the electrical on the engine as i already assumed that something else was wrong from other things that were hacked. Turns out, although interesting in theory, not very logical in practice due to warm weather of new mexico (already 70 degrees ), the cold start injector was wired into the starter's signal wire (might i add that it was wired with speaker wire). This way the injector would theoretically always fire under engine cranking. Unfortunately, i think that it was the culprit to my engine coming with in margine of stalling when i would first start it for about the first 20 sec (i guess after burning the extra fuel). Then it would idle like normal at 1800 rpm. The best part of it, the jerk grounded it to one of those bolts on the trans that holds in those springs that have some significance to the gears (haven't gotten that far yet) and stripped the threads. But then again, i guess i should expect it considering that the wiring in the front was horribly hacked as well. By the time i am done, i am probably going to be an expert of the electrical in sc's.
Old 03-10-2003 | 11:33 AM
1FastRedSC
Instructor

Ooooops, just found out that it is supposed to be wired to starter. Still, the speaker wire and permanent ground thing is quite interesting.

Quick Reply: "The seventh injector" modified