Windshield repair ?replace?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 10:20 AM
MULLY
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Windshield repair ?replace?

Hi all .
I have removed the front windshield on my 85 ,911 Carrera to replace a leaky seal and have discovered that the antenna wire comming out of the glass is down to only 2 strands of wire.Where can I buy a replacement window at a good price? I live in cleveland Ohio.
Please any suggestions are needed.
Thanks to all!!
Old 06-19-2001, 12:21 PM
carnut169
Advanced

Mully- if your windshield is not damaged you have a couple of options. You can purchase a "powered antenna" and mount it under your dash- works as good or better than the windshield antenna. You can also just simply splice a longer piece of wire to the exposed wires to reach your radio's antenna.
If your windshield is pitted badly a new windshield is fantastic- I just put one in my 87 Carrera (rock hit me). List on the window is around $1700.00- I got mine for $533.00. Good Luck!
Old 06-19-2001, 05:39 PM
MULLY
Track Day

Thanks carnut169!
I think my window is in very good shape,so fixing I will do.I plan to carefully solder a small piece of copper foil to the 2 strands still comming out of the windshield,then form a channel that fits around the bottom edge of the glass.I will use rearview mirror epoxy to secure the copper foil to the glass and then solder a wire to the copper.

Quick Reply: Windshield repair ?replace?